|22- March-2014||Renaissance Hotel||Qatar University||55||08:00 AM|
|22- March-2014||Qatar University||Renaissance Hotel||55||04:30 PM|
|23- March-2014||Renaissance Hotel||Qatar University||65||08:00 AM|
|23- March-2014||Renaissance Hotel||Qatar University||20||12:30 PM|
|23- March-2014||Qatar University||Renaissance Hotel||85||05:15 PM|
|24- March-2014||Renaissance Hotel||Qatar University||65||08:00 AM|
|24- March-2014||Qatar University||Renaissance Hotel||65||04:30 PM|
|25- March-2014||Renaissance Hotel||Ritz Hotel||80||07:00 AM|
|25- March-2014||Ritz Hotel||Renaissance Hotel||80||04:30 PM|
|25- March-2014||Renaissance Hotel||Qatar University||40||06:30 PM|
|25- March-2014||Ritz Hotel||Qatar University||60||06:30 PM|
|25- March-2014||Ritz Hotel||Sooq Waqaf & Islamic Art Museum||60||05:00 PM|
|25- March-2014||Qatar University||Renaissance Hotel||40||10:00 PM|
|25- March-2014||Qatar University||Ritz Hotel||60||10:00 PM|
|25- March-2014||Sooq Waqaf & Islamic Art Museum||Ritz Hotel||60||08:30 PM|
|26- March-2014||Renaissance Hotel||Ritz Hotel||80||08:00 AM|
|26- March-2014||Ritz Hotel||Renaissance Hotel||80||05:00 PM|
|26- March-2014||Renaissance Hotel||Ritz Hotel (Award dinner)||80||07:00 PM|
|26- March-2014||Ritz Hotel (After award dinner)||Renaissance Hotel||80||10:00 PM|
|27- March-2014||Renaissance Hotel||Ritz Hotel||80||08:00 AM|
|27- March-2014||Ritz Hotel||Renaissance Hotel||80||01:00 PM|
Applying for VISA to attend the conference
Dear SLA-AGC Delegate
- That a VISA is eligible only for delegate who register to attend the conference.
- The conference organizing committee has the right to reject any application.
- No passports will be accepted after the 15th of February 2014.
- Registration number must be submitted with the passport copy to confirm registration.
The Special Libraries Association-Arabian Gulf Chapter (SLA-AGC) takes great Pleasure in inviting you to be part of the SLA-AGC 20th Annual Conference & Exhibition, to be held Ritz Carlton Doha , Qatar during 25-27 March, 2014.
SLA-AGC is now in its 20th year, having grown from a small symposium attended by Just 100 delegates back in 1993, to a full conference program attended by over 700 Delegates from around the Gulf region, the Arab states and the world.
The value of the conference to participants is probably best endorsed by the number of participants each year, and the repeat participation of librarians and information Specialists every year. Most delegates are key decision makers in their organizations; We aim to build on the success of the 2013 in AbuDhabi conference and make 2014 an even better Experience for both delegates and exhibitors. We are working hard to produce a varied program that will enable the delegates to engage and interact with each other.
The aim of each conference is not only to provide a forum for discussion and learning , but also an opportunity for delegates to develop new business relationships. SLA-AGC is committed to both running a successful, productive and regionally significant conference and ensuring that the important position that our sponsors occupy in the industry is acknowledged and recognized. We hope that you see the benefits and advantages of supporting SLA-AGC annual Conference in 2013, and SLA-AGC as a partner in staging this Conference. In an increasingly technology-oriented society, the effectiveness of information technologies into Libraries operations is more important than ever.
The exhibition and conference held last year had received an overwhelming response with over 60 companies, and 200 exhibitors , and 600 delegates attending the conference technical session from across UAE, GCC, and from around the globe. We are confident that this year's conference will have more success in attracting various Librarians, information professionals, STM publishers, E-Content providers and practitioners in the field of libraries and knowledge management within and beyond the region.
The SLA-AGC 2014 provides a highly interactive and professional platform for exchanging concepts, visions, progress, and we welcome any innovative researchers, and approach participation from relevant organizations to be our partners in this significant gathering. I look forward to seeing you all in AbuDhabi, UAE for the SLA-AGC 19th Annual conference & exhibition.
Wish you all the best.
SLA- Arabian Gulf Chapter
If you would like to get an invitation letter to attend the 20th Annual Conference of SLA (Arabian Gulf Chapter) in Doha, Qatar, please send an E-mail to:
Athraa Al Alawi
Public Relation and Membership Chair
Situated on the Arabian Gulf, the Ritz Carlton Doha is a luxurious island resort in the exclusive West Bay Lagoon district. It offers a private marina and lagoon-style outdoor pool. Featuring brightly-hued colours and contemporary style, all Ritz-Carlton rooms offer private balconies with great views of the sea or the neighbouring Doha Golf Club. Blending Arabic and Asian methods, the Ritz-Carlton Spa provides a variety treatments and massages. It also has an indoor pool, Roman baths, sauna and steam room. You can savour the selection of the 8 different restaurants, bars and lounges. Live piano music can be enjoyed daily at The Lobby Lounge while Habanos offers premium cigars and Porcini boasts a wine cellar. The Ritz-Carlton, Doha is located 10 minutes' drive from The Pearl and 15 minutes' drive from the Doha Gulf Club.
Hotel Map & Directions
Airport (Doha International Airport)
- From the airport go straight, head on towards the corniche.
- The corniche stretches down from Qatar museum roundabout.
- From Qatar museum roundabout, drive straight onwards on the corniche till you reach the roundabout where the Qtel Tower is located, turn left after the roundabout and then head straight.
- Passing through City Center at the third traffic signal turn right, go straight till the first roundabout, turn right then and go straight crossing two roundabouts.
- Then go over the bridge and from the bridge you will see the The Ritz-Carlton, Doha, take right after the bridge, then left, straight forward you will reach the hotel.
Other (From Riyadh, Saudi Arabia)
- Head towards Dammam Road and turn right onto Route 40.
- Continuing on Route 40, take the ramp and at the roundabout, take the 1st exit onto Route 5303.
- Continue straight onto Route 522 and take turn slightly right onto Route 75.
- After 17.6 kilometers, head onto Route 615. Take a detour to Route 6646 for 38 kilometers before turning right back onto Route 615.
- Keep on driving straight and continue onto Route 95B along the coast.
- Continue onto Salwa Road, entering Qatar.
- On Jaidah Roundabout, turn left on Al Khaleej Street, go straight.
- Go straight pass the underpass, and on the 2nd roundabout – you will see a fire station in front of you on the right, take the 2nd exit onto Al Istiqlal Street.
- Keep on going straight, go over the bridge and from the bridge you will see the The Ritz-Carlton, Doha.
- Take right after the bridge, then left on the first roundabout, straight forward you will reach the hotel.
From Al Khor
- Drive south on Al Khor Coastal Road, passing Doha Golf Club
- From Al Khor Coastal Road, continue onto Al Jamiaa Street
- Exit on the University Signal, turn left on West Bay Lagoon Street
- Turn right on the first roundabout and continue straight until you are at the end of the street (the 2nd roundabout) and turn left
- Go over the bridge and from the bridge you will see the The Ritz-Carlton, Doha
- Take right after the bridge, then left on the first roundabout, straight forward you will reach the hotel
Mövenpick Tower & Suites Doha | West Bay | Doha, QatarClick Here
INTERCONTINENTAL Hotel & Resorts - DohaClick Here
Rataj Hotel - DohaClick Here
Renaissance Doha City Center Hotel for 850 QAR - 1000 QAR per night
Deluxe rooms at the rate of 750 QR per night